Special factors must be considered when students are required to travel abroad for international projects.
Resources for supporting this process include:
- The Global Theme Team (GTT) and the Student Safety Abroad Team (SSAT) comprise many offices that send MIT students abroad on global opportunities, including:
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Priscilla King Gray Public Service Center (PKG)
- MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI)
These offices have expertise and experience in supporting students going abroad, and can help and advise you. For those interested in specific countries/regions, contact MISTI (617-258-0385) for more information.
- The ICC sponsors regular information sessions presented by the GEO and MISTI that discuss sending students abroad. Please check for upcoming and past information sessions.