MIT has contracted with International SOS (ISOS), a worldwide travel assistance company, to provide support services to the MIT community
International SOS is available 24 hours a day, year round to answer your questions or respond to your medical or security needs.
Some of the features and resources available through ISOS include:
- Emergency medical, security, and natural disaster evacuation
- 24-hour assistance clinics, and remote-site medical facilities outside the US
- Information on current security and medical alerts and required immunizations
- Call-in interpretation assistance with medical providers or local transport providers
ISOS services are available to MIT faculty and staff traveling for business or leisure, and for students on trips related to MIT educational pursuits. Please refer to this chart for information on how the services apply to other parties related to MIT.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ISOS is not Health Insurance. Please refer to the Your Health section for more information on healthcare coverage and insurance.
Completing a few simple steps will help you get the most out of ISOS:
- Visit the MIT/International SOS portal prior to travel to review current security and medical alerts for the country you are visiting. (Portal requires an MIT certificate to access).
- Download the MIT/ISOS membership app prior to your trip. You can use it to get travel alerts from your current location, call for assistance with one click, and link to important medical and travel security information.
- Request an MIT/ISOS travel card (A copy can also be downloaded through the MIT/ISOS portal.)
Phone: (US international code) 215-942-8478 MIT ID#: 11BSGC000066
Call collect any time. International calling codes for the United States vary please check this website for the correct code.