International engagements require input from administrators in multiple offices to negotiate and implement.
Large projects, known as international engagements, include one or more of the following characteristics:
- Multiple activities
- Multiple departments/disciplines
- Significant funding
- Governance structures, such as a board of directors, steering committee, or a scientific advisory board
- Research proposal selection
- Collaborations with the sponsor’s Principal Investigators
- Foreign currency payments
- Long-term plan (3-10 years)
They also need to be approved by the appropriate dean or department head and filtered through the International Advisory Committee (IAC). Contact one of the IAC co-chairs with details of the project to get on the agenda of the IAC’s monthly meetings.
The ICC can help you:
- Connect and consult. The ICC will help coordinate the activities of multiple offices related to project development, approval, and implementation.
- Move forward. The ICC will connect you with a team from relevant offices that will work with you to resolve questions, draft an agreement, and advance negotiations.
Please contact the ICC for assistance.