A VPF procurement specialist can provide international program administrators and participants with information on the most efficient and cost-effective ways to acquire goods and services in a foreign country.
Items to consider with regard to incurring expenses internationally include:
- Terms and conditions of the collaboration agreement, such as whether foreign procurement is allowed.
- Transport and/or shipment of goods from vendors to the location where the goods will be used.
- Import and/or export controls in the U.S. and foreign countries.
- Payment method to vendors.
- Currency conversion when the vendors require payment in foreign currency.
- Translation needs and costs when the invoice is in a foreign language.
In some situations, the ICC has special relationships with overseas firms that my provide in-country assistance.
For more information in this area, visit the "Buying and Paying" section of the VPF Global Support website.