Prior to travel, it is recommended that you review video presentations and other resources that provide important information on pre-departure planning, travel to risk areas, emergency response, transportation, and much more.
ICC Information Session
The International Coordinating Committee (ICC) hosts regular sessions highlighting the services MIT offers for international projects and travel.
Check here for a list of recent and upcoming sessions.
MIT Assistance Abroad web-based training
The following security awareness training modules are presented by a represntative from International SOS. They can be viewed in the Learning Center by searching for "MIT Assistance Abroad" or by following these links (MIT credentials required):
- Introduction and Most Common Threats modules (20 minutes)
- Preparation, Awareness, and Keeping a Low Profile (20 minutes)
- Varied Routine & Communications, and Defensive Layers (13 minutes)
- Transportation, Emergency Response, and Leisure Travel (8 minutes)
- Women Travelers, Safety Tactics, and Terrorism (22 minutes)
- Test Your Knowledge with a “Spot the Risk” quiz created by International SOS to highlight some of the travel risks you may not think about